- Join our team of industry-leading craftsmen and professionals in a modern, production-oriented precision machining environment.
- Ames Machine offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, paid Vacation & Holidays.
- If you are interested and feel that you are qualified for any of these positions, please call or email us. You can also download our employment application at the link below.
The CNC Machinist maximizes efficiency through the operation process and observes multiple CNC Mills that use single or multiple spindles with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms to machine metal bar stock for the manufacture of various types of medical products. Processes methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out –of tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests the operation of the unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Experience with OKK, Fadal, Yama Seiki, and YCM machine tools is a plus.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors. Punctuality is a MUST.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed including weekends. Other duties may be assigned.
- Depends on experience.
- 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Ralph E. Ames Machine Works, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Ralph E. Ames Machine Works, Inc., complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Ralph E. Ames Machine Works, Inc., expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.